New this summer- VBO Day Camp>
Intro to VBO Morning
VBO Day Camp will be held August 10-14, 2015
The United Church of Christ of Annapolis
Click here to register & select the Summer 2015 tab
Camp Hours: M-Th 9-3, Friday 9-4 with an "Informance" from 4-5
Prerequisite: A minimum of one year of violin experience.
Students will need to bring their violin, bow, shoulder rest or sponge and rosin.
Recommended ages: 6-11
Camp Activities to Include:
- Violin Practice
- Singing and Ear Training
- Rhythm Games
- Creative Movement
- Listening/Story time
- Music Writing
- Ensemble Preparation
- Lunchtime/Recess/Free Play
VBO Day Camp is based on Shirley Given's Adventures in Violinland series. Characters from the series will be incorporated into both the camp and the Informance, which will be a casual performance for family and friends to wrap up the week's activities.
Violin Blast-Off instructor, Donna Willingham will be the camp director for both camps. Read more about Donna on our Teachers page.
Intro to VBO Morning was created based on the feedback of families who wanted to have an opportunity for their child to interact with the violin, and the instructor prior to committing to the fifteen week fall semester of Violin Blast-Off.
- Friday morning, August 7, 2014 at the United Church of Christ of Annapolis.
- Camp hours 9-11:30. Parents are invited to attend the final 20 minutes of the session. Questions are welcome afterwards.
- Camp activities will include:
Instruments for use during the session will be provided.
- The Violin: listening, the parts of the instrument, and how to properly hold the violin
- Meet Adventure in Violinland characters
- Rhythm games
- Singing and movement activities